Two Awesome Summer Whiskey Cocktails You Need to Try!
By Jameson Irish Whiskey
You might not think of whiskey as your go-to liquor of choice on a hot summer day. Most people think whiskey and picture a roaring fireplace, a good book and a glass of spirit neat or on the rocks. Just because whiskey is complex doesn’t mean it’s not versatile. Here are two awesome cocktails that you can enjoy with your friends by the pool or while grilling up some steaks on a hot summer day. Grab a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel and toast the summer!
The Irish Maid
- .25-inch cucumber slices (two)
- 2 oz. Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey
- .75 oz. St. Germain Liqueur
- .75 oz. fresh lemon juice
- .75 oz. simple syrup (one part water, one part sugar)
Preparation: Muddle the two cucumbers in a shaker and add the rest of the ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled rocks glass with ice and garnish with a cucumber.
The Irish Maid is a great summer cocktail to enjoy on the patio with friends. The freshness of the cucumber is balanced by the smooth vanilla notes in the Jameson Black Barrel.
- 5 oz. Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey
- 8 oz. wheat beer or Hefeweizen of choice
- 4 oz, fresh squeezed lemonade
Preparation: Pour the 1.5 oz. of Jameson Black Barrel into a chilled pint glass. Top with the beer and lemonade. Enjoy!
Perfect for grilling or a day on the beach the citrus notes in the wheat beer play beautifully off the citrus peel in the Jameson Black barrel.